If you are stuck in what to do/make/wear this fall, then you are in the right place.
It’s time to get cozy. 🍂☕️
Curl up and enjoy.
So.. I know most of you have 500 million different ideas of things to do this fall but only have a month or less to jam pack it in (at least we do in Indiana- it’s supposed to snow before Halloween 🙃). Well… let me just help you out and narrow it down to the top 5 things you MUST do, make, and wear this fall! Be prepared to get spooky, cozy, and well.. hungry.
Lets get into it.
1. you MUST go to a pumpkin patch 🎃
I don’t care which pumpkin patch you go to, it could be a back yard with 3 pumpkins. But just get out of your comfy bed and GO. Do not be one of those people who just goes to Walmart and picks a pumpkin from the bin out front (sorry mom, I still love you). If you want to have a fun filled fall (alliteration.. someone tell my 4th grade teacher) then you simply have to go to a pumpkin patch. Most of the time these places have waaay more than just pumpkins. The patch I go to is called Thistleberry Farms and let me just tell you, it’s like an off brand amusement park (but in a good way). This place has seriously made so many cool activities out of things that are usually on a farm. Like a playground of corn.. a tractor coaster, a jumping pillow, and a super awesome slide that I am waaay too old for.. which sucks. But aside from activities let’s just talk about food/beverages these places sell. Apple donuts, apple cider, and pumpkin pie. What more does one need in their life?
So stop thinking about it and just go. Get your man, your grandma, your daughter, your mother, your friends uncle.. whoever. And go to the pumpkin patch! You need a pumpkin to carve for Halloween anyways so just GO!
2. Buy as many fall scented candles as you can 🍂
This is possibly my most favorite thing about fall but also my bank accounts least favorite thing (besides my weekly shopping spree).
The scent of pumpkin spice, apple cider, honey crisps, and just fall in general is one of the most calming and beautiful scents to ever exist. This sounds so weird… oh well. But seriously. I’m in love with these scents.
The best place to get cheap, fall scented candles is either Marshalls or TJ Maxx. And the best part is, they not only smell amazing but the packaging is awesome too.
3. Make fall themed recipes
Crock Pot Apple Cider-
- 2 quarts (64 ounces or 8 cups) apple cider
- 6 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks, plus more for serving if desired
- 1 medium orange
- 3 apples
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- Additional cinnamon sticks for serving (optional)
- Cut apples in half and cut that half in half once again (should have 4 slices out of one apple)
- Pour apple cider into a 2.5-quart or larger Crock Pot or other slow cooker. Add cinnamon sticks to cider. Add apples to cider.
- With a fork, poke holes all around the orange, about 1/2 inch to 1 inch apart. Carefully poke the cloves into the toothpick holes in the orange.
- Place orange into the cider in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low until hot and spiced through, about 4 hours. Ladle into mugs. Place a cinnamon stick in each glass if desired and serve.
This is one of my all time favorite fall treats. My great grandma used to make this every week during the fall season. It doesnt compare to any other dessert out there, its that good.
- 10 cups all-purpose apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C).
- Place the sliced apples in a 9×13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples. Pour water evenly over all.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 45 minutes.
4. Bring out the sweaters!
Fall is the best time to break out those cute, but comfy outfits. You can quite literally wear anything. Dont want to put your tank tops away? Okay. Throw a cardigan over it and you’ve got yourself a FIT. Dont want to put your shorts away? Okay. Throw on some tights under it and problem solved. Fall is great because it’s not too warm for sweaters but also not too cold to wear summer clothes (sometimes).
So lets get into what you NEED to complete your fall fit:
- an oversized sweater
This is a BIG one. You cannot physically go through fall without a comfy oversized sweater (and if you do, how..). You can pair a sweater with anything. jeans, leggings, skirt, bathing suit bottoms.. seriously whatever!
- a thiccc scarf
This is another must have for the fall season! When it comes to fashion, weather doesn’t really matter. We just mostly wear what looks good. But a chunky scarf is a great pick becasue its weather apporopriate and cute.
- jeans (any color)
I know we all hate jeans.. but hey you’ve got to admit. They really complete a fall look. While i’m not forcing you to throw on a pair of jeans, I do encourage you to at least wear a pair once this month. hahaha.
For this pick use discount code “BBDEVYN” for a percentage off!
one of my favorite parts of an outfits. The shoes! But in this case, BOOTIES. There is such a variety of boots you could wear during this season. Ankle boots, over the knee boots, rain boots, suede boots, orange boots, no shoes… Whatever floats your boat honestly. But make sure you have a pair of booties to complete that outfit!
This one is optional because I know some people dont usually prefer to wear hats. But let me just tell you, a hat can really spice up an outfit. You could wear a beanie, a baseball cap, or a fedora. In my opinion a hat really makes someone look like they tried to get out of bed and stunt (especially a fedora). That may make no sense at all because I usually wear a hat when I am experiencing a bad hair day, but a fedora is definetly meant to be worn when youn wanna stunt.
- a poppin belt
This one is also optional because i know some people also dont like or dont see a use in wearing a belt. But this also adds a little spice in an outfit. You could wear that oversized sweater or even a tshirt and tuck in the front to show the belt buckle. I just ordered a gucci belt dupe to make my outfits pop a bit more.
So there are some of my fall favorites! Have fun, make some good food, and look cute this fall (although, im sure you already look gorgeous all the time).
But anyways, I wanna know what your favorite thing to do in the fall is, so let me know in the comments are shoot me an email/DM.
Get out there and have a fantastic fall!